Prices per Course | NOTE: ACLM members receive an exclusive 25% discount.
Nonmember - $499
Member - $374.25
Please note that this course does NOT provide CME and therefore it is NOT approved to fulfill the ABLM 30 online CME prerequisite to sit for the ABLM exam. If you would like to earn CME/CE for this course and/or use the Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course as a prerequisite to sit for the ABLM exam, please
purchase the Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course (30 CME/CE).
The Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course, 4th edition, is an evidence-based course designed to provide a review of and successfully prepare candidates for the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine (ABLM) Certification Exam (ABLM.org/how). This course development was led by coauthors and faculty Jeni Shull Clayton, MD, MPH, DipABLM, FACLM, and Jonathan Bonnet, MD, MPH, DipABOM, DipACLM, FAAFP, FACLM, with additional support from subject matter experts in the field of lifestyle medicine.
The Foundations Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course is comprised of 10 sections with 12 lectures, and consists of 30 hours of content.
Each section is broken down with the following course materials:
- Review Lecture
- Survey evaluation
- Review the pillars of evidence-based lifestyle medicine and how it can prevent, treat and reverse disease.
- Review evidence-based lifestyle medicine prescriptions and their clinical application.
- Review evidence-based lifestyle medicine content that will be tested on the Lifestyle Medicine Board Certification Exam.
The Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review, 4th edition, is hosted online via the ACLM Learning Management System (LMS) and consists of 3 main components:
COMPONENT 1 - Board Review Course Manual and Quiz Questions (20 hours): The Board Review Course Manual is available in printed form and online within the course. The 354-page manual consists of 10 sections with detailed graphics, tables and figures, and an index.
COMPONENT 2 - Online Review Lectures (10 hours): There are 10 hours of review lectures that correspond with the board review manual.
COMPONENT 2 - Section Quizzes: There are 10 section quizzes that consist of 180 total questions, that correspond with each of the 10 manual sections and review lectures.
The course manual, review lectures and section quizzes align with the 10 ABLM exam topic sections and competencies and review the following sections:
- Introduction to Lifestyle Medicine | Amanda McKinney, MD, DipABLM, FACLM
- Fundamentals of Health Behavior Change | Jasmol Sardana, DO, DipABLM, FACLM & Erika Jackson, MLHR, MCC, CPHWC, NBC-HWC
- Key Clinical Processes in Lifestyle Medicine | Beth Motley, MD, DipABLM, FACLM
- The Role of the Practitioner’s Personal Health and Community Advocacy | Gia Merlo, MD, MBA, MEd, DipABLM, FACLM & Kelly Freeman, MSN, RN, AGPCNP-BC, DipACLM
- Nutrition Science, Assessment, and Prescription | Part 1: Micaela Karlsen, PhD, MSPH & Part 2: Melissa Bernstein, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND, DipACLM
- Physical Activity Science and Prescription | Stephen Carek, MD, CAQSM, DipABLM
- Emotional and Mental Health Assessment and Interventions | Robyn Tiger, MD, DipABLM & Jeni Shull Clayton, MD, MPH, DipABLM, FACLM
- Sleep Health Science and Interventions | Brandy Roane, PhD, DBSM
- Treating Tobacco Use Disorder and Managing Other Toxic Exposures | Jill R. Selzle, PA-C, NCTTP, DipACLM, c-TTS & Claudia Moore, MD
- The Role of Connectedness and Positive Psychology | Simon Matthews, FASLM, MHlthSc, DipIBLM, MAPS, NBC-HWC, ICF-PCC & Darren Morton, PhD, DipIBLM
Section Survey Evaluation: Each of the 10 section review lectures include a survey evaluation.
Key Lifestyle Medicine Article Summaries: A downloadable PDF that summarizes 10 “key” lifestyle medicine articles is included in this course as an additional bonus resource.
- 20 hours for reviewing the board review manual
- 10 hours for reviewing the section review lectures
This course can be viewed on desktop, tablet or mobile device. Speakers or headphones are required for this course. The eBook can be viewed within the learning management system.
Term of Approval
June 1, 2023 – May 31, 2026
Access to course: access to the current course edition and online material is granted through the term of approval which ends May 31, 2026. As new editions of the course launch and replace previous editions, those enrolled within 2 years of the new edition launch will be granted complimentary online access to the new version with the opportunity to purchase the updated printed manual for $99.
Printed manual shipments will be processed by June 15, 2023 with estimated delivery time of 7-10 business days for domestic shipments and 10-15 days for most international shipments.
This course provides no CME or CE.
As a provider of continuing education, Rush University Medical Center asks everyone who has the ability to control or influence the content of an educational activity to disclose information about all of their financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. There is no minimum financial threshold; individuals must disclose all financial relationships, regardless of the amount, with ineligible companies. Individuals must disclose regardless of their view of the relevance of the relationship to the education. Mechanisms are in place to identify and mitigate any potential conflicts of interest prior to the start of the activity. All information disclosed must be shared with the participants/learners prior to the start of the educational activity.
Unapproved Uses of Drugs/Devices: In accordance with requirements of the FDA, the audience is advised that information presented in this continuing medical education activity may contain references to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please refer to the FDA approved package insert for each drug/device for full prescribing/utilization information. Individuals in control of content have disclosed the following:
- Rohit Moghe, PharmD, MSPH, CDCES, Member, Speakers Bureau, Novo Nordisk
- Claudia Moore, MD, Royalty, Oxford University Press, Taylor & Francis Group Faculty
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated. The remaining course director(s), planner(s), faculty, and reviewer(s) of this activity have no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.