Click Here if you have already purchased the symposium.
Lifestyle Medicine in Academia Symposium: Equipping the Next Generation
Prices per Course | NOTE: ACLM members receive an exclusive $50 discount!
Nonmember - $99
Member - $49
A gaping void of adequate lifestyle medicine training exists across the medical education continuum. To fill this void, leading institutions are incorporating lifestyle medicine education in health professional bachelor's, master's, and doctoral academic programs, undergraduate medical education (UME), and graduate medical education (GME).
Viewers of this on-demand series will receive tailored implementation support as presenters highlight pathways, curricula, tools and community engagement techniques for incorporating lifestyle medicine across the entire academic spectrum.
We encourage faculty, administration, deans, program directors and academicians to take this opportunity to learn more about integrating culinary and lifestyle medicine curriculum.
- Review the current status and advancements in Lifestyle Medicine academic education.
- Highlight the successes and lessons learned from academic institutions leading in Lifestyle Medicine implementation.
- Discuss opportunities for academic institutions to incorporate lifestyle medicine at various levels of engagement.
- Demonstrate opportunities to implement high quality culinary medicine curriculum within preprofessional and medical education.
- Evaluate opportunities for academic institutions to create and enhance effective community and multidisciplinary engagement.
- Provide lifestyle medicine education guidance, tools, resources and individualized/customized support to attendees.
- The Current State and Advancements in Lifestyle Medicine Education | Brenda Rea, MD, DrPH, PT, RD, FACLM, DipABLM | Jennifer L. Trilk, PhD, FACSM, DipACLM | Michelle L. Tollefson, MD, FACOG, DipABLM, FACLM
- Integration on the Academic Spectrum - Meeting Institutions Where They are on the Transtheoretical Model of Change | Elizabeth Frates, MD, FACLM, DipABLM
- Medical School Breakout: Presentation from Leaders with Q & A and Customized Support | Jennifer L. Trilk, PhD, FACSM, DipACLM | Shipra Bansal, MD, DipABLM
- Preprofessional (Bachelor/Master/Doctoral) Breakout- Presentations from Leaders with Panel Q&A and Customized Support | Elizabeth Frates, MD, FACLM, DipABLM | Michelle L. Tollefson, MD, FACOG, DipABLM, FACLM | Jessica Matthews, DBH, NBC-HWC, DipACLM | SarahAnn Keyes, MS, PA-C, DipACLM
- Residency Breakout - Presentations from Leaders in Academia with Panel Q&A | Brenda Rea, MD, DrPH, PT, RD, FACLM, DipABLM | Karen R. Studer, MD, MPH, MBA, FACPM, DipABLM | Meagan L. Grega, MD | Elena Dent, PhD, RDN, LDN, CDCES
- Student/Trainee Breakout- Presentations from Student/Trainee Leaders with Panel Q&A and Customized Support | Shannon Worthman | Megan Alexander, MS | Justin A. Charles, MD | Richard H. Wolferz, Jr., MD | Brent Gawey, BS
- Implementing Culinary Medicine Programs in Medical School & Beyond | Michelle Hauser, MD, MS, MPA, FACP, FACLM, DipABLM, Chef | Elizabeth Beale, MD, MRCP (UK) DipABLM
- The Intersection between Academia and the Community | Meagan L. Grega, MD | Cheryl True, MD, DipABLM, FACLM
- Developing a Roadmap for Implementation | Brenda Rea, MD, DrPH, PT, RD, FACLM, DipABLM
Format & Duration
The Lifestyle Medicine in Academia Symposium consists of 9 sessions of On Demand content available at lifestylemedicine.org.
The Lifestyle Medicine in Academia Symposium OnDemand consists of recordings that are viewable via desktop, tablet or mobile device. Speakers or headphones are required.
The Lifestyle Medicine in Academia Symposium OnDemand does not offer CME/CE/MOC.
Term of Approval
December 13, 2021 – December 31, 2023
Access to online material is granted through December 31, 2023.
Academic deans, faculty, physicians, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered dietitians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists, students, interns, residents, other health professionals working with chronic disease prevention or treatment, certified health coaches, clinicians in training.
Discounted member price:
You could save: